Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Be Encouraging

When you look at someone, what is your first thought?


  • "Man, she/he is HOT"

  • "I think they are a 5"

  • "She/He looks like a monkey, gross"

  • "They would look so much better, if...."

  • "I hope I can get to know them, because God made them"

I would think that the last one is not on the top of everyone's minds when you look at something. How would you like it if those thoughts were turned into words. What if everytime someone saw you, what they thought of your looks came out like word vomit. We don't say it because most of the time it is not uplifting or encouraging. Do you like it when people say you are ugly? Do think it's funny when people call you a bitch? Do you like it when people say something rude to you? I didn't think so. So WHY do we think it's okay to think like that. Do not judge someone based on your own perception of beauty. Get to know someone first, then you will be able to see how wonderful of a person they are. I'm just as guilty as anyone. God made everyone beautiful. You might not think they are physically attractive, but you gave you that power to decide? Think about how your words affect someones lives. I hope I bring encouragement to people's lives, I know how it feels to feel crappy about yourself. I know how it feels to be called ugly, fat, or a bitch. It doesn't feel good. Think about what you say and think. Be encouraging to others, don't bring them down. ALWAYS BE ENCOURAGING. You never know how your words can help or harm someone.


"The mouth of the righteous is a fountain of life" Proverbs 10:11


"May the God who gives endurance and encouragement give you a spirit of unity among yourselves as you follow Christ Jesus" Romans 15:5


No comments:

Post a Comment